Pancreatitis is a disease that seriously affects the quality of life. Special diet is an important part of proper treatment. How doctors advise patients with pancreatitis to eat-read our material.
In this article, we have collected basic nutritional recommendations for pancreatitis, as well as prepared sample menus and several recipes.
The pancreas produces enzymes that are involved in breaking down nutrients in food. When suffering from pancreatitis, the glands will become inflamed, and greasy and greasy food will put the glands on an unbearable load. For effective treatment, it is necessary to follow the diet to restore pancreatic function.
The diet of pancreatic disease is extremely important, and it is considered to be one of the key factors for success-that is, the patient’s condition is such that he is not worried about the pain or other symptoms of the disease. The goal of the diet is to reduce the load on the pancreas as much as possible and to ensure that the enzymes that help process food are released gradually and little by little-so that deterioration can be avoided for a long time. The nutrition of pancreatitis should be chemical, mechanical and thermo-neutral-too greasy food is difficult to digest, it will overload the pancreas, and unground or too hot/too cold food will irritate the stomach wall, and in turn, the stomachThe response to "turn on" the pancreas.
Pancreatitis diet: rules
Inflammation of the pancreas can be chronic or acute. In the case of chronic diseases, Table 5 is shown, or rather, a special version of it-number 5p. The diet for exacerbation of pancreatic pancreatitis provides stricter restrictions (up to fasting or intravenous administration of nutrients) to relieve the condition as quickly as possible. Once the acute symptoms disappear, the patient should immediately switch to full food, but on a diet.
Fasting as part of the diet can worsen pancreatitis, which can last up to 3 days, depending on the severity of the condition. At this time you can and should drink: airless mineral water, rosehip soup, weak tea. After the patient feels better, he can eat according to Table 5p. The main recommendations for this diet:
- It is necessary to observe divided meals-5-6 times a day, in small portions.
- It is recommended to boil or bake the food.
- The use of mud dishes is shown. When the situation improves, you can switch to uncleaned food.
- The menu should contain about 200 grams of animal protein. The fat mass is limited to 50 grams per day.
- The daily sugar intake should not exceed 30-40 grams.
- Carbohydrates can consume up to 350 grams per day.
- Salt intake is limited to 3-5 grams per day.
Pancreatitis diet: food list
If you follow the diet number 5p, animal fat is not included. It is allowed to consume no more than 25 grams of butter or vegetable oil per day. Don't eat sour vegetables and fruits, other fiber-rich foods, fast food, fried, fatty, spicy food, sweets and pastries. The following is an expanded list of prohibited foods in the pancreatic inflammation diet:
- Fried food;
- Pork, lard, lamb, duck, goose, fat chicken;
- Bacon, sausages, sausages;
- fast food;
- Fatty fish
- Meat, fish and mushroom soup;
- Dairy products with high fat content (cheese, sour cream, skimmed milk);
- Canned food and kimchi;
- Spicy food, sauces, spices;
- Dessert and sweet soda;
- Sweet and sour fruits and berries: grapes, pears, citrus fruits, figs, dates, pomegranates, kiwis, cranberries, cherries, etc.
- Vegetables that contain a lot of fiber and purines: turnips, turnips, garlic, horseradish, spinach, cabbage, onions and green onions, sorrel;
- Coffee, cocoa, strong black tea;
- Fresh bread, baked goods;
- Fried eggs and hard-boiled eggs.
It seems that there is no licensed product at all, but it is not. The 5p table allows you to eat a lot of variety, and the food may seem a bit boring, but unfortunately, when the health of the pancreas is threatened, you don't have to choose. The following is a list of foods allowed in the pancreatic inflammation diet during an acute attack, table number 5p-1:
- Biscuits-no more than 50 grams per day
- Grain soup in water or not too strong vegetable soup
- Lean meat without gluten, fat, skin, puree: beef, rabbit, chicken, turkey
- Lean fish, also mashed
- Cereals (except semolina and millet), cereals, casseroles
- Steamed egg white omelette (up to 1 egg yolk per day)
- Low-fat and not too sour dairy products-cheese, cream and milk in soup
- Zucchini, potatoes, mashed carrots, and mashed cauliflower
- Baked apples, baby puree
- Jelly, no candy jelly, there are substitutes
- Still mineral water, weak bubble tea, fruit preserves, rosehip broth
When the body recovers slightly, the above products can be supplemented with dry bread, vegetarian soup, noodles, yogurt products, beets, pumpkins, beans, and the quantity is limited-tomatoes and cucumbers without peeling, pasta, sweet fruits, biscuits (Not rich), dairy products and vegetable sauces. As mentioned earlier, all of these need to be eaten completely in shabby form at first, but when the patient’s condition improves, this is negligible, for example, cut meat and fish into pieces (however, remove all tendons, membranes, fat, skin, Leaving only clean meat).
Pancreatitis diet: menu
There are two types of diet table number 5p. The first (No. 5p-1) is designed for patients suffering from acute pancreatitis or exacerbation of chronic disease. According to the list of allowed foods, the menu may be as follows (several choices for each meal):
- Breakfast: grated oatmeal, grated fresh cheese, rice pudding or slimy oatmeal soup. The drink is light tea or rosehip broth.
- The second breakfast: baked apples, egg white omelet, a cup of jelly.
- Lunch: vegetable puree (can be mixed with a variety of vegetables), buckwheat puree porridge, fish dumplings, low-fat beef or rabbit souffle. Rosehip broth or fruit preserves.
- Afternoon snack: jelly, baby puree.
- Dinner: Breaded vegetable soup, rice casserole, grated barley porridge, chicken or turkey mousse. Mineral water or fruit preserves.
If we talk about option number 5p-2, the general menu of the pancreatitis diet looks like this:
- Breakfast: water oatmeal, cottage cheese casserole, light tea.
- The second breakfast: natural applesauce from non-acid varieties.
- Lunch: vegetable cream soup, roast beef, berry jelly.
- Afternoon snack: dry biscuits, carrot juice.
- Dinner: Steamed fish cakes with boiled Brussels sprouts, low-fat kefir.
Another menu option:
- Breakfast: chicken soup and bean milk sauce, light tea.
- The second breakfast: tofu pudding.
- Lunch: plain noodle soup, a slice of toast, rosehip broth.
- Afternoon snack: 2 protein and 1 egg yolk omelet, half a peeled tomato.
- Dinner: semolina porridge, vegetable juice.
- Breakfast: buckwheat porridge, rosehip broth.
- The second breakfast: a cup of kefir, raw biscuits.
- Lunch: pumpkin cream soup, spaghetti steamed beef slices, mineral water.
- Afternoon snack: casserole rice with apples.
- Dinner: low-fat fish jelly.
Pancreas diet: recipes
Vegetable rice soup
- Bagged rice
Preparation: Make rice water-add a large amount of water to a pan to boil the rice, then remove the bag. Grate the carrots, chop the remaining vegetables, put all the ingredients in the pan with the rice soup, add the rice and oatmeal, and cook until the vegetables are cooked through. Add salt, stir, and turn off the heat. If necessary, grind everything in a blender.
- Lean fish fillet
- White biscuit
Preparation: Grind the fish in a meat grinder, soak the biscuits in milk, and mix with the minced fish in a meat grinder. Beat egg whites until frothy, add minced meat, add salt and stir. Round dumplings are formed from the obtained minced meat. Then boil or steam them.
Pumpkin Cream Soup with Oatmeal
- A little oil is used to extinguish the fire.
Preparation: Chop the pumpkin and potatoes, add a little oil and stew in a deep bowl to make sure they will not burn. Salt, add the oatmeal, add water, mix, and let it boil until the oatmeal is ready. Pass the contents of the pot through the mixer, return to the pot, add the cream, and simmer for a few minutes. It can be eaten with breadcrumbs.
According to reviews, pancreatitis diet is not easy, at least in the muddy food stage, but with its help, you can achieve a truly stable relief. Patients noticed that they felt much better with this kind of diet.